Thurs., Fri., & Sat. 2pm-6pm
Scan the QR Code with your smartphone to come back directly to this website!
PlaneTree Health Information Center @ Cupertino Library
MEDLINEplus Senior Health
Comprehensive information from the National Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine. Includes links to latest news and general overviews of seniors' health and research, specific conditions, prevention and screening, organizations, statistics and more.
- Growing Older: Common Health Concerns
- Get Healthy@the Library, a collaboration between PlaneTree and Santa Clara County Library, presents recommended easy-to-use health links on many health topics and caregiving challenges.
Administration on Aging
- Part of the US Department of Health and Human Services. The site provides
older individuals, caregivers, community service providers,
and researchers with a "comprehensive
overview of a wide variety of topics, programs and services related to aging."
Eldercare, Elder Abuse Housing, Nutrition, statistics, AoA Fact
Sheets and many other related subjects and Resources can be found on
FirstGov for Seniors Health Section
- This site provides access to all
government agencies that provide services for seniors (for example, Social
Security, Medicare and Veterans Affairs). The idea is for seniors to be
able to search for government information and programs that meet their
needs without having to know the name of the agency responsible for that
service. For instance, on the "General Health Resources" page, there are
links to Medicare's "Participating Physician Directory" and "Prescription
Drug Assistance Programs" information as well as FDA and other government
(and some non-governmental organizations) consumer guides targeted toward
- Health Guide from
the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- Short, easy-to-read articles on a variety of topics of interest to seniors, including fitness, prevention, insurance and Medicare and
Healthfinder Information for Seniors
Links to hundreds of articles, guides, reference sources created by federal agencies on topics including aging, Alzheimer's, cancer, eldercare, heart disease, independent living, long term care and more.
- Mayo Clinic: Healthy aging
- A wide range of articles on health and aging from an internationally recognized authority.This page also provides links to pages on Healthy retirement and Dependent seniors' care
- Medicare: Nursing Home Compare
- Provides detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the United States, including inspection result information. In English and Spanish.
- Merck Manual of Geriatrics
- Medical Texts: A free full-text geriatric care manual, this 3rd edition (Fall 2000) includes information ranging from health care funding and quality of life to injuries, diseases and care issues as they particularly effect seniors. Chapters on diseases typically cover symptoms and diagnostic tests, causes and treatment choices and complications.
- NIH Senior Health is a website based on the latest research on senior health and aging. Features a "talking" function, which gives users the option of reading the text or listening to it.
- NOAH (New York Online Access to Health): Aging
- is produced by librarians from major New York City libraries. Its mission is to provide access to high quality full-text consumer health information in English and Spanish that is accurate, timely, relevant and unbiased. This section includes links to articles that define aging and the physiological changes it brings about. Also links to information about diseases, caregiving, research, statistics and more.
- Third Age
- A site for older adults (the third age follows youth and the middle age) offering an online community for exploration of health and lifestyle issues through web site resources, community forums, chat rooms, personal stories and their own archives. Contains a marketplace of retail items (from books and cards to the gourmet items) and services (travel services, classifieds, real estate).
Need more information?
Contact us to receive personalized assistance finding the health information you need.
10800 Torre Avenue ·
Cupertino, California 95014 ·
(408) 446-1677 ext. 3350
Please note our disclaimer: materials provided by PlaneTree are not intended to replace advice or instruction of a health care professional. Also, the links found on this web site do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the Planetree organization, its affiliates, or individuals. We are not responsible for the content of web sites referenced from this site.